Job Description: Senior Electronics Engineer
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Senior Electronics Engineer works collaboratively within a multidisciplinary team to create electronic sub-systems for UVDI’s products. These products include Ultraviolet-based disinfection systems, and filtration products. The individual is responsible for product development from concept through production and sustaining. This hands-on position requires embedded system and PCBA design, analysis, and testing. The individual supports other departments, such as Production and Sales. The Senior Electronics Engineer participates in the creation of demonstration devices, and production test equipment. The Senior Electronics Engineer also coordinates compliance testing with regulatory agencies.
- Responsible for product design and development from concept through sustaining.
- Responsible for specifying requirements of embedded electronic sub-systems and components based upon performance, cost, environmental, and operational considerations.
- Responsible for component selection, circuit design and analysis, schematic capture, and layout.
- Responsible for analyzing the performance and thermal behavior of electronic circuits, including worst case analyses.
- Responsible for assembly of prototype PCBAs and wire harnesses is required.
- Responsible for integration of sensors for performance monitoring and human presence detection.
- Responsible for validation testing of electronic components, circuits and systems.
- Responsible for occasionally developing PLC and HMI software to address customer and internal requirements.
- Responsible for documenting requirements, designs, and test results, and generate system troubleshooting manuals.
- Responsible for working with contract manufacturers to maintain high-quality, cost-effective solutions.
- Responsible for creating and updating assembly instructions and wiring diagrams, and designing factory test equipment.
- Responsible for conducting root cause analyses of line and field failures, and specify alternative components to avoid supply chain disruptions.
- Responsible for working with regulatory agencies to ensure compliance of products to US and international standards.
- Responsible for coaching and consulting to various UVDI internal customers and new product development team(s).
- Requires occasional travel to support engineering, manufacturing, and sales activities. International travel may be required from time to time.
- All activities will be performed within the context of and consistent with UVDI’s Core Values.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Already listed above.
PREREQUISITE KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND EDUCATION:
- BSEE. MSEE is preferred.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in circuit design, analysis, and testing, including power circuits.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in development of electronic-based products.
- Experience with Altium Designer PCB design software for schematic capture, performance modeling, and layout.
- Competence working with standard electronics test equipment, including oscilloscopes, function generators, and spectrum analyzers.
- Experience programming and debugging PLCs and HMIs is preferred.
- Experience with sensor integration (electrical, optical, etc.).
- Experience implementing serial interfaces (SPI, C2I, USB).
- Experience with agency testing to regulatory standards such as UL, ETL, IEC.
- Experience with optical systems is a plus.
- Skill in software coding and debugging (C, C++, Python, or equivalent) is preferred. LabView experience is a plus.
- Understanding of UV technology and lamp evaluation is a plus.
- Experience with IoT-based systems is a plus.
- Good communications (oral and written) and the ability to work in a collaborative environment.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated performance as a self-starter and the ability to work independently.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to function in high-pressure situations.
- Manual dexterity to operate computer.
- Correctable vision and hearing.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to move through approximately 45,000 square foot, two-story building.
- Ability to sit for prolonged periods in front of a computer.
- Ability to travel, both domestically and internationally.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to
Julie Trent, UVDI Director of Human Resources at [email protected].