BPS™ Bonded Activated Carbon Filters
Highly adsorptive filters to remove air pollutants in hospitality, airports, healthcare and more
Designed for use in environments requiring high contaminant removal and extended service life
How it Works
- BPS™Bonded Particulate Structure is a proprietary process that entails binding of is a proprietary process that entails binding activated carbon or another suitable adsorbent or catalyst into a monolithic structure while maintaining a very high level of open pore structure
- Since no post-activation of the carbon is required after bonding, the adsorption properties (BET surface area, pore size distribution, and butane/CTC activity) essentially remain the same
- BPS™ Technology maintains this important pore geometry, thus preserving the adsorptive capacity of the selected activated carbon
- Equivalent or higher contaminant removal efficiency versus loose fill honeycomb panels, resulting in higher service life
- Bonded carbon filters are designed for maximum adsorptive capacity
- No loss of efficiency due to settling or by-pass
- Press drop performance is comparable to loose fill honeycomb panels up to 300 SCFM. As there is no dusting from BPS™ filters, no secondary filter is required which helps reduce the overall pressure drop of the system
The breakthrough curve was generated using 80 PPM toluene at 50 feet/minute velocity.
Use and Installation
- Tailored for use in commercial office buildings, airports, hospitality sites and manufacturing facilities
- Critical for high-purity usage sites such as clean rooms, hospitals and paint booths
Cleaner and easier to use than loose trays or honeycomb panels – no dusting or carbon fines.
- Cooking odors
- Cleaning solvents
- Cigarette smoke
- Sewage odors
- Welding fumes
- Formaldehyde removal
- Vehicle exhaust
- Paint fumes
- Waste processing
- Fuel odors
- Animal odors
The panels come with high loft, non-woven polyester “pre” and “post” filter pads.
Filters available with neoprene gasket as specified.
Standard frame material is galvanized steel. Stainless steel and aluminum available upon request.
The activated carbon has a minimum activity of 60% CTC per the ASTM-D-3467 test method. The binder will not decrease the pore volume by more than 2% as measured by BET.
The panel utilizes high quality, coconut shell carbon with superior pore size distribution specifically selected for its wide adsorptive capacity.
Permanganate, acid and caustic impregnations available for target compounds.
UL 900 classified filters available.