Powered by UV-C, PCO and Multi-stage Filtration Technologies
- 99% elimination of viruses proven in independent laboratory testing
- 93%+ elimination of bacteria
- 99%+ elimination of air particulates and contaminants
- 90%+ reduction of TVOCs
- Safe for use in occupied settings: does not produce ozone or any harmful contaminants
How it Works
Combines UV-C and filtration technology to provide effective air purification.
Proven to inactivate 99% of airborne MS-2 virus, a harder-to-kill surrogate for viruses such Influenza A and coronavirus, in 45 minutes in independent laboratory testing.
Safe for Use in Occupied Settings
- Does not produce ozone or harmful contaminants
- CARB certified
Powered by Multi-Stage Cleaning Technology
- When UV light illuminates the titanium di-oxide (Ti02) coated photocatalytic oxidation grid, an activation process occurs.
- The activation generates highly reactive hydroxyl radicals and superoxide ions resulting in a strong chemical “oxidizing” reaction between the supercharged ions and gaseous pollutants such as VOCs and odor molecules.
- This breaks the pollutant down into trace amounts of carbon dioxide and water molecules, thus purifying the air.
Stage 1: 5 micron Prefilter
A 5 micron prefilter removes all particles from the air larger than 5 microns such as dust, dander, and pollen. The prefilter extends the life of the high efficiency filter and protects the gas adsorbing media from dust coating and fouling.
FILTRATION: Traps Particles as Small as 0.3 Microns including Dust, Dander & Pollen
Stage 2: Gas Adsorption Layer
First gas adsorption layer (Black) on the back side of the filter is a specially formulated gas adsorption media that adsorbs exhaust fumes, organic hydrocarbons, paint solvents, chlorine, cleaning chemicals and other fumes.
Stage 3: 0.3 micron High Efficiency Filter
High efficiency filter that removes contaminants as small as 0.3 microns in size such as allergens, pollen, bacteria, viruses, spores and tobacco smoke.
Stage 4: Gas Adsorption Layer
A second gas adsorption layer (Black) on the back side of the filter is a specially formulated gas adsorption media that adsorbs exhaust fumes, organic hydrocarbons, paint solvents, chlorine, cleaning chemicals and other fumes.
GERMICIDAL AIR DISINFECTION: Destroys Airborne Microbes including Viruses, Bacteria and Fungi
Stage 5: UV-C Lamp
Germicidal ultraviolet light (UV-C) is highly effective in destroying viruses and bacteria too small to be filtered out by a high efficiency filter. Ultraviolet technology combined with photocatalytic oxidation increases effectiveness of air disinfection.
ELIMINATION: Reduces Odors from Tobacco Smoke, Cooking and Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs)
Stage 6: Photocatalytic Converter
The key to photocatalytic oxidation is anatase TiO2, a semiconductor catalyst material that becomes highly reactive when exposed to specific wavelengths of ultraviolet light. This chemically oxidizes the odor molecules and converts them into trace amounts of carbon dioxide and water molecules.
Advanced Indoor Air Quality Control
The V-PAC SC’s embedded Air Exchange Monitor (AEM) provides the flexibility to change the air in a room to clean it. To achieve faster air purification by increasing room air flow, the fan speed can be increased to the maximum level.
Air Exchange Monitor
- Automatically communicates when filter or lamp replacement is necessary.
- Contains a VOC sensor which detects the presence VOCs. If VOCs are detected, the Air Exchange Monitor (AEM) automatically adjusts fan speed to reduce them.
Model Name: V-PAC® SC
Stage 1 — Prefilter: 5 Micron Rating
Gas Adsorption Layer: Activated Carbon
Stage 2 — High Efficiency Filter: 0.3 Micron Rating
Gas Adsorption Layer: Activated Carbon
PCO Catalyst: Titanium Dioxide (TiO2)
Dimensions: 21.5" W x 18.5" H x 8" D
Weight: 23 lbs
Sound Level: 48-68 dBA
Maximum Air Flow: 170 CFM
Germicidal UV-C Lamp: 254 nanometers wavelength
Line Voltage: 115 V/60 Hz
Maximum Watts: 106 watts
Maximum Amperes: .89 ampere
Certifications: ETL and CARB