Independently Proven 99.99% Inactivation of SARS-CoV-2
UVDI-360 Room Sanitizer | Proven Inactivation of SARS-CoV-2 and Coronaviruses
- The UVDI-360 Room Sanitizer has achieved greater than 99.99% inactivation of SARS-CoV-2, the coronavirus strain that causes the COVID-19 disease, by Innovative Bioanalysis, a CAP, CLIA, and AABB certified BSL-3 laboratory (CA, USA). Download the Full Lab Report
- Proven 99.99% reduction of SARS-CoV-2 (4 log) in 5 minutes at a distance of 12 feet (3.65 meters) was verified in testing parameters indicative of rapid whole room disinfection. Read the full announcement here.
- The UVDI-360 is independently confirmed to inactivate 99.99% of the most prevalent coronaviruses: SARS-CoV-2, Human Coronavirus and MERS-CoV. The emerging variants share the same RNA structure with these prevalent coronaviruses; independently proven laboratory results provide scientific confirmation of the UVDI-360’s effectiveness against newer strains.
Tested by Global Healthcare leader 3M to Not Affect Fit and Filtration
Tested by global Healthcare leader 3M as a coronavirus decontamination method that will not affect fit and filtration of its respirators. Testing validating use for up to 10 decontamination cycles on N95 respirators was conducted at M Health Fairview Hospital in Minneapolis, Minnesota in May 2020. Read the 3M Bulletin
UVDI-V-MAX™ Technology is Proven to inactivate 99.99% of Airborne SARS-CoV-2 in Moving Airstream HVAC Testing
- 99.99% inactivation of airborne SARS-CoV-2 in a single pass at an airflow rate of 500 feet per minute. To replicate conditions in a typical HVAC duct, UVDI V-MAX™ 254 nm UV-C lamps were arranged in a parallel configuration.
- Testing conducted in a modified HVAC duct built at certified BEI-recognized Biosafety Level 3 (BSL-3) laboratory, Innovative Bioanalysis.
- Testing results verify the accuracy of UVDI’s proprietary product software which determines custom product specifications for targeted levels of effectiveness. The software was used to inform the study’s protocols. Download SARS-CoV-2 Lab Summary Report and Press Release.
- Given emerging coronavirus variants share the same RNA structure as SARS-CoV-2, these independently proven laboratory results provide scientific confirmation of the UVDI V-MAX™ effectiveness against newer strains.
UV Air Disinfection Effectiveness Against Coronavirus
Coronavirus is highly susceptible to germicidal UV irradiation. The table below shows that the susceptibility of coronavirus to UV is greater than 3 times compared to the influenza (common cold) virus.
Delivering the Correct UV Dose for Coronavirus
The application challenge is to ensure the targeted organism is exposed to sufficient UV dose in the available space and time of UV exposure.
To ensure the proper dose is applied, our proprietary software is used to model the lamp quantity and system arrangement needed for the specific application. The output of this modeling produces a very detailed report showing intensity distribution and kill rates. Factors impacting dose include: spatial constraints, airflow volume, speed, temperature, and UV device geometry and intensity.
Third-Party Validation of UVC Effectiveness
UVDI has also conducted independent third party validation of UV efficacy against airborne bacteria and viruses, where MS2 macrophage was used as a surrogate for all viruses.